PHT is looking for a Penang Heritage Trust Director
JOB VACANCY: PENANG HERITAGE TRUST DIRECTOR
Penang Heritage Trust is a heritage conservation advocacy group actively
working to preserve the George Town World Heritage Site as well as other
aspects of Penang’s cultural and natural heritage through public advocacy,
educational programmes and cultural mapping.
The Penang Heritage Trust (PHT) seeks a director to implement the
strategic goals and objectives of the organization. This individual must be
creative and have a passion for heritage safeguarding and preservation. The
individual should have programme development experience to sustain the
organization’s funding needs through membership and corporate sponsorship,
and the leadership experience and skills to manage staff and volunteers.
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the
organization and its fiduciary needs.
* Be passionate about preservation and have previously worked for or been
involved with cultural heritage organisations.
* Have excellent communication and presentation skills; be able to work independently;
* Be able to recruit and work with volunteers and interns
* Be proficient in basic office IT functions, including the ability to work
with: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Successful writing of grant proposals and reports is essential as most of
our programs are grant-funded.
The Director is expected to:
1. Report to and work closely with the President and the 10-member
Penang Heritage Trust Council (serving two-year terms).
2. Build partnerships with federal, state and local government and
allied organizations and agencies to create preservation-friendly policies
3. Spearhead and support heritage advocacy through campaigns,
educational programmes and monitoring
4. Provide dynamic fundraising leadership, working closely with the
Council members, staff and volunteers to raise funds necessary to fulfill
the organizations mission, the ability to cultivate and maintain enduring
relationships with current and potential donor is crucial
5. Coordinate the production of the PHT newsletter and the maintenance
of PHT’s website and social media, assisting with content development
6. Organise major conferences and fundraising events as well as
coordinate ongoing PHT activities such as heritage site visits, talks and
7. Develop new initiatives and programs to increase membership and to
retain existing members
§ Education in heritage management, museum studies, or related
topic is preferred.
§ Bachelor degree and at least 10 years of business or non-profit
§ Excellence in problem solving, written and verbal communication,
and organizational skills.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com. Please include
“Director Search” in subject line OR, mail letter and resume to
the address below: Director Search Committee, Penang Heritage
Trust, 26 Lebuh Gereja, George Town, Penang, 10200.